ThinkQuote employees get to explore new areas and work with clients in an assortment of industries. If you’re keen to get involved and help people grow their businesses — we’d like to meet you.
In a spirit of community In the power of possibilities. That if you attract those who have a passion, you create a place where magic can happen. In making our clients satisfied and successful
If you’re inspired to work for ThinkQuote, we want to hear from you.
Jr Backend PHP Web Developer
Are you ready to use your coding skills to help us solve difficult problems?
Are you passionate about every line of code that you write?
Are you keen to push the boundaries of what PHP can do for our business?
Would you like to work alongside other PHP experts?
If you’ve said ‘yes’ on all counts, we’d love to hear from you!
- Contribute to new technology initiatives
- Primarily working on the back-end alongside a dedicated team of front-end and back-end developers
- You’re a thinker that can apply fresh solutions to problems using innovative code.
- You think logically and analytically. You should be eager to learn more, be curious about new technology and techniques and how they can help our business.
- You also need to be a strong communicator, have the ability to clearly explain your ideas and back them up with data.
- At least a few years experience writing object oriented PHP (5.2 and 5.3)
- You know your way around Linux, MySQL and Apache
- You have strong source control (GIT) experience
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science or Engineering is a plus
Are you obsessed with delivering the best customer experience?
Are you able to use your own initiative to optimize performance?
Can you build processes and systems to improve everything we do?
Do you believe in helping small businesses grow across South Africa?
All boxes ticked? You’re just our type!
- Handle all incoming support queries
- Service improvement including customer/service pro needs
- Work alongside your manager to help your team achieve their goals
- You’ll be resourceful and will know our company offering so well that you really understand what the customer needs
- Navigating multiple systems and getting up to speed very quickly with all of our online tools
- Excellent spoken and written English AND Afrikaans
- Fast and accurate typing – at least 60 words/ minute
- You’re smart, honest, patient and a good communicator
- A positive, happy attitude that makes you want to delight our customers every day
- Experience working with small business owners a plus
- 2+ years in a Customer Service role